When using Tortoise SVN and want to get a copy of an svn repository somewhere, it’s easy (apparently not for me .. took me a few searches of forums to discover this).
- Create a directory (easy-peasy).
- Right-Click and locate the Tortoise Menu (again, easy).
- Choose the Export option.
- Enter address of repository.
- You’re good to go, things will start downloading.
Now, you’re rightly wondering just what point this little tip has. Well ..
I kept choosing Import. It made sense, I want to import to my directory from their directory. And I kept coming to a username/password deal that had me stumped.
Of course, it’s the opposite. What you are really doing is exporting from their directory to yours.
p.s. First post on new hosting. Whaaaahoooo.