Okay. I’m very trashed. Going to just list a random order of things happening lately.
– played a bit of WoW again, finally. Missed the crack-e-ness.
– played a very tiny bit of the Witcher with the new patch that lessens load times. Made it much more enjoyable. Will have to continue with that.
– movement on the Tech Evangelist role for SV (Clarion).
– decided on a revamp for Pimp My Clarion, as of now going to create it in NetTalk, host it myself.
– got the web server and basic web system functionality into the Freight system.
– almost got the Tafres (Freight System) web site finished and ready to launch. Just need to fill in some of the content.
– working on a new patch for Jaymoe. Still trying to do too much though. Changing the UI. It’s not going to happen easily or quickly. Going to have to work out which way to go.
– a new beta of Dr. Explain came out. Looking forward to getting stuck into the added features.
– actual work is getting pretty convoluted. I took some initiative and started assuming the role of Team Leader for my project. Noone has corrected my assumption yet, although had to deal with some wierdness.
– read some interesting stuff about Ruby on Rails .. 1. here and 2. here. Well, the second link has a more global topic. Warning .. Extreme Language, specially in the Zed rant. But very interesting. It sounds like a complicated mess, with massive egos and guys who don’t know much about programming, and guys who do, all fighting together over important and not-so-important stuff. Which is of course a global and lame statement. Ha ha. If you want to find out about what’s going on in the Rails community .. read Zed’s rant.
– Sword of Shadows (JVJ’s site) came out! Read it asap and loved it. This series is one of my all time favourites. Got one of the most awesome fantasy quotes ever. "Kill an army for me Raif Sevrance. Any less and I might just call you back."
– almost finished watching Heroes Series 1 through again. Just finished "Five Years Gone" last night while exercising.
– Exercising like a maniac on the bike we got as a combined christmas pressie. 30 mins to 1 hour a night, 5-7 nights a week. It’s crazy. But awesome because you can do it in front of the telly. Ahhhh. However, really cuts into .. well .. time.
That’s enough for now. Regular updates will hopefully be more .. regular.