A Summary So Far Of Your Marketing/Advertising Ideas
Back on the 14th I posted $10 Million To Make A Clarion .Net Ad.
There was a great response, both here and on the newsgroups. Following is a summary of your thoughts:
- It was a simple ad, "Ease of use vs Price", that sold Clarion to him.
- Language. Appgen. Smart Approach. Templates. Integration. Code Generation (from Dave).
- Talk about global companies who are using it. Mentioned largest construction company in the world (www.alrahabeach.com).
Image via Wikipedia
Dave Harms (http://clarionmag.com)
- "Templates" while the world was saying "Objects".
- Quote: "We’ve been doing code generation since Bill Gates was in short pants. And now we do it for .NET."
- "From novice to expert, to customer satisfaction."
- True language. Strong code generation capabilities built into the IDE.
- A piece of Clarion source.
- Appgen in action.
- Image picturing satisfied Customer.
- Programmers / Developers AND Customers / End Users.
- Do a World Tour.
- Give out Subscriptions.
- Training Class, in two halves.
- Demo the program, Instructor creates an App.
- Attendees create their own Apps.
Paul MacFarlane, Mark Riffey, Pratik, Myself
- Conversation about the Intangibility of Advertising.
Andy Morgan, Dave Harms, Jeff Slarve, Richard Rose, Myself
- Conversation about Trial Versions, Time Limit, Usage Counters.
- Hold a conference next to MS Visual Studio‘s next one.
- "Clarion: Be productive .. Be Profitable."
Paul MacFarlane, Richard Rose, Andy Morgan
- Conversation about World Tour, User Groups.
Art Bonds, Myself
- Pirate jokes. Because no conversation is complete without them.
There you have it. If I’ve left anything out, please let me know in the comments.
This was a fantastic exercise. I’m going to continue down the same vein.
What would you like me to ask the Community next?